The 'S. Benz Thanksgiving Burger'
- Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- 4-5 leaves sage minced
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3-4 ounce chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 eggs
- 6-8 hamburger buns, split
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- whipped cream cheese
- sprinkle of poultry seasoning
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, stir the onion, celery and garlic until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked onion, celery and garlic in a large bowl with the ground turkey, stuffing mix, egg, poultry seasoning (optional) and sage; mix to thoroughly combine. Form the mixture into 6-8 patties. Unlike hamburger, these patties will not change shape while cooking, so make them even in size.
- Grill the turkey burgers on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5-8 minutes per side.
- Place each patty on a hamburger bun, and top with cranberry sauce and a dollop of whipped cream cheese to serve.